Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gods Calling

Well yesterday I really thought the Lord was telling me what I should do. As you all know, I've been taking care of mom. She lives on her on, but really should not be. I run myself crazy going up to her house and then when I'm not there, worry about her. So I was looking for places that have more space that we could move her in with us. Found a really nice 3 bedroom and 2 full baths, one with a shower. Which she needs badly, the bathtub is just to hard getting her into. So discussed this with her and she thought it would work out good. Because she wants me around all the time. Tom and I agreed that this would be the best way to go. Then early this morning she calls me to say that she's not going to move. I just told her that would be ok. But I'm so confused by my thinking and feeling that was the Lords way of helping us both out. She would be there with us if she needed us, and I wouldn't be taking care of two places. I know there is a message in all of this for me. So will spend time in prayer to see where he leads me on this situation. How do you know what is the right thing to do??? It's all on me, because my brother doesn't offer any help. What do you think about knowing when God is leading or it's just what we think he wants? Praying that we all can be lead to do what God would do. Have a nice day, and look for the blessings that he has given you today!

2 comments:

  1. Brenda,
    Thank you for such a nice comment on my site. Very sweet.
    Wish I had some helpful advise about your Mom. Its not an easy thing. Hope you get a clear answer soon.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy Jo for your concern. There seems to be many things that would make it easier for her and myself. But both parties have to be in agreement and I feel that I have tried everything and nothing has been agreeable for her. All I can do right now is just try to be there when she needs something. But I also have grown children and grand-children that also need my help at times and I enjoy being there for them. So I'll take one day at a time and see where the Lord leads me. Nancy if you would like to join our followers, we will put your name into the drawing we are having at our party. Hope to hear from you again. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete