Saturday, September 18, 2010

BLESSING OF ANOTHER DAY

The birds are singing beautifully this morning. Sun is shining and surprisingly quite. When I look out my office window in the back of the house, all I see is trees. One of my favorite place to be in the morning with my cup of tea. For me its hard to get going in the morning, because I don't want to let go of all the blessings the Lord is showing me. Which is a GOOD thing, as Martha Stewart would say!! Just a little note, that's as close to Martha I will ever be, she would faint if she saw how I did things. But to get on through the day, I'd just rather get a good book, do bible study and chit chat with friends. THEN I see the little lady across the street from me, she's 99 and everyday she's up and going. She helps with the Historical Society, the clothes closet. She would never miss attending church and the social groups. Can't miss her card playing group!!! And Always has a smile on her face. The other day I saw her sitting out on her porch, and I stopped to see how she was doing. She told me she was lonely, she had nothing to do that day! So I just went up and sat down with her on her porch swing and we had a good visit. She's just full of stories. I really do enjoy her! When I got up to go home, she took my hand and told me she was so glad to have me over to visit. Bless her heart! What to me was nothing outstanding, to her, it brightened up her day. SO here I am, again the Lord showing me that I don't have to create a big impression, just a little touch and a smile can go on forever. He will always see the little things we do, and is very happy with us. So let us know what you have done today to make someone smile. It feels good and I'm still smiling being with her! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, what a lovely post!! That lady sounds precious! It is so true how something simple can just be the highlight of someones day!! Blessings to all, linda

    ReplyDelete