Thursday, August 11, 2011

Good Morning! It's a delayed post of 'Build your Home'!!

Hi Ladies!

Hope that everyone has had a good summer! Boy, it sure has been a HOT one this year!

Thankfully, at least here, rains are arriving and beginning to take the temps down a bit anyway.

It is hard to believe that school starts in many places next week.

With that in mind I would like to share one of my daughters fav recipes. Would be a quick, healthy dinner during the upcoming busy weeknights ahead. This meal easily feeds a group of 4-5 with leftovers for lunch the next day. Serve with a salad and nice french bread or baguette and you have a quick and yummy meal!

This was a food network recipe, I believe from Ina Garden?

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp (Not a seafood fan? Try chunks of chicken sauted in olive oil, garlic, italian herbs!)

1 large bag shrimp, med-lg shrimp
1 box angel hair pasta
2-3 lemons (we like 3)
Salt and Pepper to taste
(Optional: 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, and/or 1/2-1 cup chopped sundried tomatoes)
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

Boil salted water for your pasta, add pasta according to directions. We like our pasta al dente. When done, save 1/2 cup of liquid, then drain. Return pasta to pan and set aside.

Place shrimp onto a no stick bake pan. Salt and pepper to taste, drizzle 1 tbl olive oil over
shrimp Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min.

Put shrimp into pan, heat of pasta will finish cooking shrimp.

Juice the lemons, discard seeds. Grate the peel of all the lemons for lemon zest

Add the lemon juice, grated zest, and 1/2 cup of pasta water into the pan and mix well. Add any optional ingredients if you wish.

Plate onto a serving dish, garnish with grated Parmesan or Romano chesse.

Serve with salad and bread if you like.

This is a simple and light dish that all will enjoy!!


Ladies, as the world seems to be going kinda crazy, and the economy seems to be falling apart? Never mind what may be going on within our own homes and lives..........PRAYERS for us all as we strive to be the women that the Lord desires us to become! I am finding that no matter how hard the day may be.......if I do not start the day with HIM........the day just does not have the same flow to it. Does anyone know what I mean? Oh, it is not a guarantee that all will go well, or there won't be a crisis........however, just knowing that I gave the day to HIM........gives me the strength and the hope that I may need for the day!!!

May God Bless each of you! Thank you for stopping by and saying hello!

Blessings, Linda

2 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean ... I dare not begin a day without my quiet time. It is such a blessing to commit my day to the Lord and see what He will do with it. Sometimes it is very different from what I planned, but it's according to *His* plan, and that's how I desire to live each day.

    The shrimp recipe looks absolutely yummy and I will be trying it out soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. T, thank you for visiting! Our times with the Lord are everything arent they? I totally know what you mean as often our plan and His end up different, yet much better His way!!

    Enjoy the recipe! I know you will. Easy and yummy!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete